[UK-CONTEST] February 2006 Radcom

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 19 15:27:07 EST 2006

There is a saying that goes something like "You're either with us or
agen us." It is plain where we are so I have given up ranting about
this, just a few observations:

- I agree that the figure of 55,000 is misleading. I can think of many
callsigns locally and nationally that are not active and probably would
not know the difference between 599001 and WSJT.

- I feel aggrieved for the contributors who are trying their best under
difficult circumstances. Probably more so now than ever before.

- Apart from Colin G3PSM, who does a tremendous amount of work on our
behalf, I don't recognise any callsigns or names of officials other than
G0TWW! Yet the following contributors are also members of this
Reflector, now doesn't that paint a picture? Listed in order of
appearance : G3ZVW, G3ORY, G3XTT, G4BUO and G4VXE, GM3SEK, G3ZVW (not a
dupe!) so now we know who keeps RadCom going. Contesters !! Well done guys.

- Where have all the well known names gone? Do they know something we
don't? The society was much stronger with these people.

- With reference to Tim G4VXE's column, I am sure it is not his doing
but he is limited to just three paragraphs, then normal contest reports
are integrated into his column.  Another indicator of the downward slope.

And finally, the new President is looking for a circuit diagram for a
yacht radio. Guess we should be thankful he knows what a circuit diagram
is! The last one didn't know the difference between Yaesu and Yazoo!

And finally, finally!! David G3FPQ gets a mention for 60 years
membership. And who has one of the best signals on 40m, 80, 160 and any
other band for that matter? Well done mate.

They're agen us.  Chris G3SJJ