[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth Contest 2006

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 19 16:49:09 EDT 2006

Likewise my congratulations to Bob and Les.   My point is yet again
missed. Amazing how people close their eyes to this one.

If I were to ask John G3LZQ if I could operate CC from his place, and
use the 80m 4 Sq with massive radial system, 40m 4 Sq with massive
radial system, X7 at 24m, LDF5-50 to the main switch box, 2 x FT1kMPs
with all filtering, Acom 2000a and Alpha 87a auto-tune amps both running
at 2kW out (wouldn't want to overdo it since they aren't mine) in an
SO2R config, plus various rx antennas, 2 computers and 19" flat screen
monitors with John serving food and drink to keep me at the radio for
the full 24 hours, ..... the best I would expect to work during 24 hours
is a whopping 290 QSOs.

Now, if I took my K2/100 and small switching supply (ie one small tcvr
and 100w), a few metres of thin coax, some wire and fishing pole, plus
laptop to Gozo (just been discussing this with Yvonne!), and of course I
wouldn't expect any room service, or indeed if I went to J88, I would
not be discriminated against and would be able to make 580 - 590 QSOs.

I am fully aware of the skill required for this contest. I don't have
any argument against that. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RATE.

By having/choosing to stay in the UK I am denied an additional 100% of
my QSOs. I am being discriminated against.

To summarise because I find it difficult to make people understand, I AM
NOT TALKING ABOUT RATE, I am talking about the anti-UK bias.  Why won't
the rules allow me to compete with Bob or Dave if I operate from the UK.
That is not about RATE it is about discrimination.

Chris G3SJJ