[UK-CONTEST] Top Band 4 square.

Bob G3PJT g3pjt at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 23 11:56:43 EDT 2006

Hi Adrian

I am not sure of the capacity of the modelling prog you use but there is
no reason not to model in the support towers - you probably don't have
to worry about exact dimensions - I used a 30 cm cylinder for my tower -
but that's a lot more modest than that which you propose. In any case
you could model a single element and then add two support towers and see
what happens. Certainly on 80 m here with a 20 m tower there was
distortion of the radiation and quite a bit of current flowing in the
tower from the adjacent sloper. If there is little current in the
support towers then there wont be much loss of gain  on transmit. You
might still have a problem on receive with poor patterns though.

73 bob G3PJT