[UK-CONTEST] Wireless keyboard info needed - RF proof!

Dave Sharred dave at g3nkc.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jun 6 14:22:07 EDT 2006

Gents

I am thinking of buying a Wireless keyboard, to use with my shack laptop.

It clearly needs to be RF bombproof; since not only will it be used in a HF
environment, but it could also be used in multi multi contests.

I thought I saw some devices a while ago advertising themselves as GHz
devices - i.e. WiFi freqs?

Product info on the boxes at our Local Curry seem a little sparse in info; a
cheaper one (£25 logitech) was clearly 27MHz,  whereas ones for £50 had no
info.  I took away the FCC reference for one of these (a Microsoft 400
series, with mouse) from inside the box, and found that this was also 27MHz?

Am I imagining it; or do GHz devices exist ?

Any recommendations appreciated

Dave Sharred
G3NKC