[UK-CONTEST] Vanity calls.

brian coyne g4odv at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 14:25:24 EDT 2006

Just seen the post from Don, G3BJ with the offcom link.

At least there is a procedure for valid claims, not so here in 5B land. I was trying for the past 3 months to obtain a two letter call and despite having permission plus the expired licence from an ex ham who is now very elderly and in a carehome, that did not cut any ice with the Ministry of Communications who gave some tenuous reason for their refusal. Actually it was some gobblygook about all c/s had been submitted to IARU and they couldn't change them. Additionaly they will not inspect their records to identify any unissued c/s.

Consequently you will now find me on air as 5B4AIZ and I have applied for the contest call C4Z.

I saw George, 5B4AGC at the CARS monthly lunch last weekend. He was exasperated by the no of stns who were busting his H2G contest call so he has now changed that call to C4G.

73,  Brian.