[UK-CONTEST] Score publishing

Donald Field g3xtt at lineone.net
Tue Jun 13 17:13:17 EDT 2006

Actually most of what Chris says is misleading (sri Chris!).

It should be trivial in this day and age to produce, not "claimed" scores
(which are often in error), but pre-adjudicated scores. In other words,
scores calculated by the adjudicators, on a consistent basis, but before
checking has taken place. Given that the code should be available to score
the Cabrillo logs after checking, to run it on those same logs before
checking is a non-issue.

The problem is that such code doesn't currently exist for all RSGB contests
and adjudication is still far more labour intensive than it should be. What
we need is a volunteer to take what we do have (for example for the IOTA
contest) and do whatever is necessary to work on other events. Any PHP and
MySQL experts out there with time on their hands?

Don G3XTT