[UK-CONTEST] GB5HQ

Chris Tran zl1ct at gm7v.com
Fri Jun 16 10:47:58 EDT 2006

Hi all

GB5HQ has been evolving slowly - originally we hosted the entire contest
here (near Inverness) - in 2003 the event went nationwide for the first
time.

The reality is that this is only a 24-hour contest, with each team/QTH
hosting at the most 2 band/modes - this limits the number of operators
needed at each QTH to 3 or 4 at the most for maximum efficiency.

In my mind, it also doesn't matter which club you belong to - all clubs have
a mixture of good operators and poor operators - individual contest results
and personal recommendations are much more significant.

Finally, preparations for GB5HQ start early - the software, equipment and
antennas needed to be competitive take a lot of time and effort to organise.

73
Chris
GM3WOJ