[UK-CONTEST] Planning Issue

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 30 11:24:56 EDT 2006

If it was I, I would be very tempted to withdraw my
application at this time. You are in a much worse
position if it is refused than if it has not been
considered. I would then spend as much time as is
necessary to get all ducks into the proverbial row and
reapply.

At one point in England I had two Scam masts, one with
an A4S, and one extended to 85' for a vertical in a
very rural location. I did not apply for permission.
The planning officer called me one day to 'discuss'
them as one of the the neighbours knew him personally
(but didn't object to the antennas). I told him they
were temporary structures as they could be completely
removed in a few hours. Whilst he and I both knew that
is not what the planning acts say, he was quite happy
to put that in his file and forget all about them.

I will now make you jealous and reveal that here I
'own my property up to the heavens' and can put up any
size tower than I want (actually can afford), subject
only to consulting with (notifying) Industry Canada
and my neighbours. Of course if it's very high
aviation safety lighting and painting are required.

73 Roger
VE3ZI/G3RBP