[UK-CONTEST] Foundation Licence.

Frank Hunter frank.hunter at ntlworld.com
Tue May 2 10:59:07 EDT 2006

Ivan Davies wrote:
> Quite a few Foundation licencees locally and some spoken too recently
> have expressed alarm at the seemingly vast amount of knowledge
> required to obtain an Intermediate. I see much sense in this and
> think that the fault is with the Foundation being somewhat TOO
> easy.There is a big step change in the examination requirements, and
> perhaps the standard of the Foundation should be increased somewhat
> as a preparation for proceeding further.

Absolutely. The big problem over here (apart from the rank cheating that
went on) is the number of educationally sub normal people who thanks to
the FL being pitched at such a ridiculously low level are now active on
the Amateur bands and causing bedlam. (eg qsy to 14.650 - I kid you
not!) Quite simply they do not have the ability to upgrade no matter
what the incentive.

73, Frank GI4NKB