[UK-CONTEST] Contest Calls

Dave Cree daveg3tbk at tiscali.co.uk
Tue May 2 14:50:06 EDT 2006

In the unlikely event of OFCOM being interested in authorising high
power operation for Contests, I fail to see any reason to link such a
privilege to the use of a Contest Call. It seem to me that these are
frequently used by individuals in the single op sections, in lieu of a
short "vanity call", rather than by the groups to which they were
issued. Also the list of events in which they may be used is limited.

Since there is apparently no restriction on QTH, they can be used in
both urban and rural areas, although I suggest that this distinction is
another red herring.

Could it be that some Contestors are just looking for a new way of
gaining an advantage over the rest of us?

73 G3TBK