[UK-CONTEST] Acom Amps

Bob Henderson bob at 5b4agn.net
Thu May 11 01:32:14 EDT 2006

Mike

I have owned an Acom 1000 since they appeared 5 years ago.  I can vouch for
its utility as a QSK amp and also for the very high quality of its
construction generally.  Whilst its vacuum relay T/R switching is not 100%
silent, I would classify it among the very quietest of relay switched QSK
amplifiers, I have ever used.  The built in protection circuitry is good and
has ensured I have never needed to replace the T/R relay.  I also have an
Alpha 87A which I consider the bee's knees, with its completely silent pin
diode switching.  Whilst my Acom 1000 is not quite as nice to use as the 87A
for QSK, I don't consider it to be far behind.

73  Bob, 5B4AGN