[UK-CONTEST] Help - planning conditions needed

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Thu May 18 05:45:22 EDT 2006

My planning application for a 60ft Versatower and beams has just gone
sour - opposed in a vehement and unpleasant way.

I'm pretty sure that permission will be granted, but we'll have to be
very careful about the exact wording of the conditions. Suddenly it has
become all very legalistic, so things like "reasonableness" and
"goodwill" no longer apply.

To help the planning officer, I have offered to look for precedents from
existing planning permissions, in two main areas:

1. Wording that limits the overall size of HF/VHF yagis on a mast like
this, without unduly limiting my own freedom to experiment? (Preferably
to include wording for attached wire antennas as well.)

2. Wording about retracting the mast when not in use, that includes
protection against unreasonably absolute interpretations? (In 10-20
years time, I won't want to go tottering out into the Wild to crank down
the mast any more often than is actually needed.)

Any help would be gratefully appreciated - especially if you can quote
the exact wording, the name of the Council and date of the permission.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK