[UK-CONTEST] UK-Contest Digest, Vol 41, Issue 23

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Sun May 21 19:23:06 EDT 2006

Jim,
Having shared both your and Tom's experiences, I suspect the "many years"
explains a lot.  Every new model becomes a little more value engineered over
time, even HP printers that were once the gold standard.  Tom's all-in-one
sells for under $80.  There's a Deskjet 1600C languishing in my loft, built
like a brick you-know-what, that set me back around $1,200 in 1995.  It
never put a foot wrong if I could have just lived with the resolution . . .
73, Peter G3LET