[UK-CONTEST] RE-ALLOCATION OF UK CALL SIGNS

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 14:46:29 EDT 2006

Seems to me that it makes it marginally more possible
than it has been in the past. I am aware of at least
one occasion when the executor of the deceased amateur
was very willing to agree to a transfer (in fact
strongly supported it), but it was refused on the
grounds that the call had not been 'willed'. That
appears to have changed.

And lies, damned lies, and statistics - Ofcom are
quite correct in saying that callsigns are a finite
resource. However, the UK holds enough call blocks
that we could ALL have 1x2 or 2x1 calls if the former
colonial blocks are included.

73 Roger
VE3ZI/G3RBP