[UK-CONTEST] CQWW SSB contest

Graeme Caselton gcaselton at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 13:14:43 EST 2006

Callum,

I have the same problem with garden space for HF antennas. It's
verticals or nothing, although loft wires are a possibility. Can you
let me know what you have please?

The only reason I have the 'VHF' tower is I was the first person to
move in to the row of new houses, and applied for planning permission
before anyone else moved in!

The biggest aerial I have up is a 5-ele for 50Mhz which has proved
very good in Sp-E and contests. Took a look on Google Earth and it's
enormous! Perhaps a cobweb or spiderbeam for Christmas?

Cheers

Graeme.
G6CSY

From: "Callum M0MCX" <callum at mccormick.uk.com>

Although I'd love to be a bigger station, current house style
precludes any
investment in antennas. I did have a small tower but contesting in
towns is
bl**dy impossible in the UK.

I entered the unofficial category "Wires under 30 feet" with two full
sized
loops and various loft wires for 547 Qs and 153,000 points (all
band). Qs