[UK-CONTEST] Latest computers advice please

peter jackson peter.jackson17 at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 3 17:48:07 EST 2006

Hi, I am about to pension off my old Pentium 300Mz computer and purchase one
of the faster machines. Is there any problem running programs like Writelog,
SD etc on these fast computers? The reason I ask is that when I bought this
present computer some programs like Turbolog wouldn't work on processors
faster than 300Mz. This problem was addressed later. I am looking at the
dual core processor. Also manufactures seem to regard serial ports as old
hat these days. I know that USB-Serial adaptors work ok I have one on an old
laptop we use on field days. Can you fit a PCI to serial (2 ports) card in
them?
Thanks for reading this. 73 Pete G3KNU