[UK-CONTEST] Club Calls report

Callum M0MCX callum at mccormick.uk.com
Sat Nov 11 18:33:42 EST 2006

With a loaded 80 meter loop, snipped to make a 160m halo, I was never going
to set any scores alight. I managed 47 in the end on my first Club Calls
contest.

Before I forget – I must say that I found the quality of operating tonight
pretty abysmal – particularly if one compares with international contest
operating but even comparing against 80m CC - which I would have thought had
sharpened many of them up (inc me, I hope!).

Just for fun, here are my gripes

1) No consistent use of the /P for those clubs signing portable. Not only
would they completely forget to use the /P altogether but when calling CQ
they would sometimes leave it out altogether and then only put it in right
at the end of the CQ call. Why?

2) Consistently getting their call wrong or using the wrong call. I always
write the call I’m using on a big piece of paper and read it out. Clearly
the GX stations forgot to do this.

3) Ops waffling wasting huge amounts of time. I’m not complaining about the
"Have a good contest / good luck / thanks for the call" brigade but those
who repeat YOUR report several times. I know my report I gave you!

4) Ops that don’t listen to the problem. You ask "last letter only please"
and you get the whole lot again including report and club name.

In fairness, I think I had too many Smarties tonight, they make me slightly
"Grrr" and remove all traces of patience I may have had!

Grrr! :)

Callum!

Callum McCormick

M0MCX | 65 Glendon Way | Dorridge | B93 8SY
t +44 (0) 1564 230255|  m +44 (0) 7976 631881

http://www.mccormick.uk.com
http://www.qrz.com/m0mcx/