[UK-CONTEST] Club Calls report

Dave Sharred dave at g3nkc.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Nov 12 09:00:33 EST 2006

Interesting comments on this from Callum; Chris and Pete (maybe more)

I was otherwise engaged also last night ; so never got on.  however; I have
been on with a few of the winning teams in it's formative years (BBC/Aerial,
Lichfield; Evetts)

I think in the past (I think it must have been in Chris's tenure as chairman
!); the rules were changed to saying the full name of the team!  I think
this is after we used the abbreviation of "ECL " ; instead of Evetts
Communications Limited".  Our reasoning is that our "club station" isn't a
place name that would have been readily familiar so we would have had to
spell it phonetically !  I am sure that at the time; either myself or any of
the other "Lichfield Club" entries would have said "Lichfield"; rather than
Lichfield Amateur Radio Society"

Maybe it is time to look at the rules again to be more relaxed about the
club exchange ?  because this is a nightmare now; especially in the first
half hour I suspect!

73

Dave
G3NKC