[UK-CONTEST] RX antenna pre-amp

G3SVL Chris at G3SVL.com
Wed Nov 15 17:31:43 EST 2006

At 21:39 15/11/2006, G3SJJ wrote:
>I have assembled a little TenTec Broadband RF Pre-amp kit No 1001 in an
>ali box but having probs. I suspect it may be taking off. ......
>Anyone got any
>experience of this amp and how I might tame it?

Chris,

I have exactly the same amp and it works fine.

8cm sounds way too long for the I/O leads - the box my amp is in
isn't that long!  I would definitely screen them and make sure they
don't run parallel to each other if possible.  You might also ensure
the decoupling on the power supply is good - I think I added caps to
make sure - look on Ian's (SEK) site for decoupling theories.

73  Chris  G3SVL