[UK-CONTEST] 80MCC: Data Legs

Andy Swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 03:40:11 EST 2006

>>> On 16/11/2006 at 17:24, in message
<000b01c709a4$7b1a5bc0$0201a8c0 at D9GBF02J>,
"Ray Hills" <g3hrh at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Now that the 2007 calendar is out can I please put in a plea for the
RTTY
> brigade to send the report and serial as a six-digit combo without
any
> spaces?  I use MMTTY like many others and it will only enter the
RECVD box
> correctly (by clicking on the received report/serial in the RX Data
window)
> if it sees a six digit combo.  A gap between the report and the
serial and
> it doesn't like it one little bit.  Unless someone has found a
solution !!

Noooooooo!    Exact oposite please - spaces between the (useless)
report and the serial:  I prefer

599 001 001 001

i.e. the serial 3 times on the basis that if one of them is corrupted
you've still got useful data.  (ymmv)

If you use mmtty, why not 'upgrade' to N1MM - all the features of MMTTY
plus a more contest orientated 'wrapper'.

73
Andy
gm8oeg (who's hoping he may even be able to get on the radio for the
contests this time round)