[UK-CONTEST] 1.8 MHz Contest G3BJ

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 19 03:57:45 EST 2006

Rather a poor effort here this time, I'm afraid. Whether it was because I
didn't bother to raise the tower (winds), so the dipole was only at about
45ft (I thought I could rely on the 90ft vertical) I will never know. There
were times of absolute silence during the contest, with no takers and a
"dead" sounding band. Also suffered severe key clicks from a G3 who was
mighty near my frequency (and moved closer during the contest) I guess he
wasn't getting clix from me !

Some nice runs to the US/VE toward the end, and a better score than last
year, but there are others WAY ahead ! Well done to them. I would be
interested to hear what antennas the leaders were using.

Anyway:

221 QSOs
27 DXCC
54 codes