[UK-CONTEST] Data modes

Michael Ruttenberg G7TWC g7twc at rutty.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Nov 19 11:17:50 EST 2006

I'll go one step further.

At the beginning of the 2005 HFCC season I had never done RTTY or PSK, nor
CW, never mind compete in contests with them.

By end of the HFCC season I had competed in a fair number of data mode legs
and in a couple of CW legs, and gone on to do WPX CW and various other data
mode contests.

Had the HFCCs not encouraged more variety I very much doubt I would ever
have made the effort to try them out. Now I can honestly say I love them
(yes even CW [long standing joke aside, for those that know me]).

Data modes and HFCC gave me an even larger "kick" out of this hobby.

I, for one, congratulate the HFCC on introducing me to this insight into
another niche element of the hobby.

Mike
G7TWC
Young timers club: age 31 ;)