[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth Team Contest 2007 VK team announced

Bob G3PJT g3pjt at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 24 03:56:22 EST 2006

Hi

I just had this mail from Aussies re their team for next years Commonwealth Team Contest

73 Bob G3PJT

Hi Bob

As the first day of the Ashes draws to a close (with Australia predictably
on top), it seems fitting to announce the Australian squad for the
Commonwealth Contest 2007.

The squad consists of

1. Les VK4BUI
2. David VK2NU
3. John VK4EMM
4. Alan VK8AV*
5. Barry VK2BJ
6. Mike VK6HD
7. Russ VK4XA
8. Kevin VK6LW
9. Phil VK2BAA
10. George VK4XY
11. Bernd VK2IA*
12. Rob VK6HG (12th man)
13. Alan VK6BN
14. Steve VK6VZ

The asterisked members of our squad are those who may not be able to take
part owing to personal circumstances, but hope to be available.  Rob VK6HG
has offered to be our 12th man, as he has only a few low antennas, lives
behind a big hill and approaches QRP, but we are delighted to have his
company and great Aussie spirit.

As with the current Australian cricket side, we are an interesting blend of
experience and even more experience and are quite happy to be known as
'Dad's Army'.  However, please beware that our team motto is: 'Too old, too
slow, too good.'

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ
Australian team coordinator