[UK-CONTEST] CQWW G3YMC SOAB QRP

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Tue Nov 28 05:55:34 EST 2006

The usual QRP entry from here again, with 5W from my K2 to a longwire
and Butternut vertical for 160m. Operated only 34 hours, having
decided to have a full night's sleep on Saturday night and popped out
on Sunday morning for a couple of hours (for divine inspiration at
Church...). Being away from the shack then turned out to be sensible,
we had the almightiest thunderstorm here in Bracknell...

                    160m  80m  40m  20m  15m  10m  Total
Valid QSOs:   50     156   209   192    108   16      731
Total Mults:    30       51     73    54      48   13      269

CLAIMED-SCORE: 279760

(the claimed score should be slightly higher as it does not include
TO5X which my version of SD didn't recognise - and XMLog thought it
was France...).

Well down on last year, mainly due to conditions. Although I could
hear stations on 10m they were mostly too weak to work on QRP, and I
also missed TZ5A for the same reason. But did manage 5A7A on several
bands and some good Caribbean on 40m. There also seemed a lack of
support in some areas, G activity seemed to be down and GW was
virtually non-existent apart from GW4ALG and GW0GEI. Little heard
from the usual big VE boys either.

Good fun, but maybe I didn't have the same enthusiasm as normal.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com