[UK-CONTEST] CQWW CW - G4BUO

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Tue Nov 28 13:30:58 EST 2006

Call: G4BUO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Penshurst, England
Operating Time (hrs): 46
Radios: SO2R

   160:  410    17       67
    80:  917    19       73
    40:  581    31       97
    20:  950    32       96
    15:  764    28      101
    10:  126    20       65
------------------------------

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

First serious SOAB since 2002, it was great to be back though I think I
prefer it when there are some sunspots! Sorry not to have found TZ5A on
160, but I did work my first ever ZS on the band. Doubling the length of
the beverage this year really paid off when working North America on 160.

It's clear from reading other's comments that W was workable on Sunday
on 10m, but I missed it. That would have been the 500th mult!

Spent some of yesterday and all day today taking down the extra
antennas, and I crunched the quad yesterday because I didn't check the
block & tackle carefully before starting to lower it. Anyway it should
be easy enough to repair.

Apart from G, GD was the only other British Isles country that I worked
on all six bands!

160m Shunt fed tower
80m  Delta loop
40m  4-square