[UK-CONTEST] CQWW CW - GM3SEK 40m

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 12:47:12 EST 2006

         Band    QSOs    Pts  Cty   ZN
            7     475     810  101   26
        Total     475     810  101   26

            Score : 102,870

              Rig : FT-1000MP, GS35B amp

         Antennas : Quarter-wave vertical

This year was an effort to increase the country score on 40 CW from this
new QTH, so I entered the Assisted category. The antenna was just a 30ft
fishing-pole vertical at one corner of the projected four-square array.
The wind was Force 9 in this exposed location, with no possibility to
crank the tower up.

Total operating time was only about 12 hours, with a lot of S&P, a
little running, and also fitting in two parties over the weekend.

By Sunday evening the QSOs had reached about 400, with 10 all-time new
countries and 100 for the contest. To get a bit more practice with
running, I took the claimed score up to 100k and picked up another
country in the process, so the contest ended well.

I am slowly getting better at translating straight from Morse to
keyboard without moving my lips, but still finding it hard to jump
across to the paddles and get straight into sync.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK