[UK-CONTEST] FW: feeding beverages over long distances

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 09:11:14 EDT 2006

Rob,
The feed points of my beverages are about 500 - 600ft from the shack. I feed them with old UR67 - not useless UR67, just old! The runs have a couple of joins. Each bev has its own feedline from a switch in the shack, not remotely switched. My Ewe's are a bit closer, fed and switched from the same box, which allows me to 'rotate' my 80 and 160m receive directivity, which is nice.
I too have considered feeding them with 75 ohm stuff which I have in abundance. It probably wouldn't make any difference.

Stewart
GM4AFF/GM0F

Stewart Cooper
Maintenance Systems Engineer

ODL
Buchanan House  Summer Street  Aberdeen  UK  AB10 1SJ

Tel (Direct) +44 (0)1224 628039
Tel (S'board) +44 (0)1224 628000
Fax +44 (0)1224 643325