[UK-CONTEST] HF Convention

g4fka at aol.com g4fka at aol.com
Tue Oct 10 05:13:36 EDT 2006

My view was that it was a very enjoyable weekend. My preferred  presentations
were generally the DX-peditions with the odd diversion to pick up  a couple
of trophies. Of course the food and drink events were always popular as  well.

Highlight of the presentations for me was definitely 3Y0X, with slides on
Saturday and video extracts on Sunday. That was a real expedition. The
presentations really brought out a feeling for the event, including some  aspects we
perhaps hadn't heard about before. Those guys deserve all the credit  we can
give them. Also enjoyed the WRTC presentations. Fascinating to get  the
perspectives of participant, judge and organiser all in one  sitting.

Location very easy to get to from Bristol. I went up on Friday morning to
avoid the M25 traffic and it was a good ploy.

I went to the Manchester event a few years ago. I know lots of people
comment on the attendance but getting there was a real problem from the south as  it
was around the time when the M6 toll road was being built so midlands
traffic was a disaster and it took around 6 hours from Bristol. It would be
intestering to see how it would fare under more equitable travel  circumstances.

Geoff G4FKA