[UK-CONTEST] CQWW from France

Michael Ruttenberg G7TWC g7twc at rutty.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Oct 31 17:57:26 EST 2006

Hi all.

Not to summarise our efforts as TM8D here as I don't have the info to hand but just a summary of events.

About 2930 QSOs made, with a huge run of 60 or more G stations on 20m in the last hour and a half.

What made me laugh was one G station who asked if i was a Brit, I said yes (my dodgy Antipodean accent aside), but one operating from France. He said "well in that case I won't work you".

Either it was someone disgruntled at Brits invading France or he was an F5Vxx station (F5Vxx = reciprocal licencees). Either way it made me laugh.

Mike
G7TWC as part of TM8D along with Alan F5VJK (G8OO), G0DYW, G6PWS, G1LLW and F8ADY