[UK-CONTEST] 2 Station setup ideas please for CQWW

Darren GØTSM uk-contest at g0tsm.com
Sat Sep 9 06:34:41 EDT 2006

When I operate in the RSGB 21/28 with 100W I use two coaxial stub
filters on each rig, one accepts the band it is setup for, the other
filter rejects the other band. Quite simple when you dont have to
QSY. The thing which makes all the difference here is that I always
use the rig's internal ATUs. That cleans up things quite alot as long
as the ATUs are in the RX line.

With regards to the station configs I think you need to have a quick
look at the propagation, if you have one station on 10,15 & 20 then
the LF station will just end up trying to work Eu's all day long,
maybe you need to add 15 or 20M to the LF station, that would give
you a lot more flexibility. It might stop the LF ops from sneaking
off to the pub :-)

Darren G0TSM