[UK-CONTEST] Internet Access - Off topic

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 11 04:26:21 EDT 2006

Need some help from the networking gurus, please. Our two computers
worked well up until Sunday morning. Now I cannot access the internet on
one of them, despite checking all settings and re-establishing network
and internet connections. Both run XP and are connected through a
Netgear wireless router.

Computer 1 - has direct broadband access through a modem. All internet
facilities are working and full network established. Printer and shared
files on Computer 2 all available. Pinging works both ways.

Computer 2 - accesses internet through C1. This has work solidly up
until now. I wasn't aware I changed anything on Saturday evening /
Sunday morning.
Now, networking works solidly but no internet access. I reverted to
Ethernet networking using the cable that was installed before the
wireless router. Again, networking solid but no internet access on C2.
Then I re-installed the wifi system and again everything ok except
internet access on C2.

I had a long telephone discussion with G7TAJ, (G3SVL's son) who works in
networking and who kindly went through all the possible IP etc settings,
yet it still won't work We are both puzzled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris G3SJJ