[UK-CONTEST] April 2007 Radcom letters

Chris Tran zl1ct at gm7v.com
Sun Apr 1 05:20:13 EDT 2007

Hello all

Roger G3SXW wrote :
"Anyway, we do not need to defend something which is patently so enormously
good for amateur radio."

Sorry to disagree, Roger, but this is the key issue i.e. the majority of
radio amateurs either do not realise or do not agree that contesting is good
for amateur radio.

I think that the 'do nothing' approach will lead to problems as others have
indicated - month after month of critical letters, whether accurate or not,
will inevitably influence the 'silent majority' who perhaps presently are
not really concerned about the current level of contest activity.

We need a proactive approach to this - not 'defending' or 'justifying'
contesting, but just pointing out the advantages for everyone in our hobby.
I'm sending a letter to the Radcom editor later today !

73
Chris    GM3WOJ