[UK-CONTEST] Contesters

Kerr, Dr K.M. k.kerr at abdn.ac.uk
Thu Aug 16 11:29:38 EDT 2007

Hi all,
Bearing in mind the negative publicity that contesting and contesters
have to suffer (admittedly  occasionally with some justification), and
prompted by some of the recent posts in that vein, can I draw your
attention to a piece in the August CQ magazine by Riley Hollingsworth
K4ZDH (I'm guessing the call but something like that) entitled , and I
paraphrase, 'You need to lighten up'.

Riley is the FCC Rules enforcer or something similar and the article
addresses the full range of winging and carping by various sectors of
our great hobby, about each other. There is much truth in what he says
and he is generally VERY positive about contesters.

Useful ammunition perhaps..............

Keith GM4YXI