[UK-CONTEST] Letter to Radcom

John Lemay john at carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 14:02:44 EDT 2007

Hello Barry

Good of you to pop your head over the parapet !

Firstly, well done and welcome back on your re-entry into VHF Contesting. I
too can remember the times of tuning low-to-high, well it gave us something
else to do between CQ calls.

There have been supplementary comments to yours about the rules, and I can
appreciate they must look pretty daunting to a newcomer or occasional
contester. The only place I've seen a text copy is in the RSGB Yearbook.
There, the rules run to 7 pages.

Perhaps one or two members of the Contest Committee will be reading this and
might consider some simplification of the rules.

I hope you can stick with VHF Contesting, get to grips with the rules, and
we (Colchester Contest Group) will be looking for you on all the bands you
can field, every time you venture out!

Regards

John G4ZTR
Member Colchester CG, G0VHF/P, M1CRO/P, M5C.