[UK-CONTEST] This RSGB subscription hoo-ha

Barry Horning barryhorning at btconnect.com
Mon Dec 17 15:40:11 EST 2007

I cannot see the problem with the subscription to the RSGB - it has done
loads for me (and every other UK amateur) unlike my professional
institution, IET (was the IEE until they came over all megalomanic), which
is meant to represent me and charges well in excess of 100 big ones for the
privilege. It has done diddly squat for me and all other "professional"
engineers and its comics are just that. More power to the RSGB's elbow; let
them use a percentage of my fee to retain the QSL bureau for those who use
it, keep publishing Radcom which is a good balanced magazine and continue to
represent my hobby interests to the bureaucrats - it is a good buy for my
money.

Rant over!

73

Barry Horning GM4TOE