[UK-CONTEST] 1st 160cw - G3LET

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Sun Feb 11 05:10:49 EST 2007

Pretty dire for a lot of the time due to lack of activity but enjoyable none the less.  Keyboard developed some sticky letters that made ESM quite exciting - apologies to those to whom I returned incomplete calls - usually corrected on the paddle at the end of the exchange.  I fell foul of DX police on 1826 even though the guy they were evidently waiting for wasn't audible and no-one was calling him but "there are only 3 days left" . . .  I was expecting something good after excellent JA signals in the afternoon but the transatlantic opening peaked early and never really came to anything.  A mini BERU of VE3s (CUI, EJ, QAA and ZI) called in but none was easy to copy.  Most rewarding QSO was with EA7/G3TA which took us over 5 minutes to complete.  I'd love to know what he was using.

Paul said a total of 967 at the end but a few QSOs went out with the same number for some reason so could be a shade more when I compare with the hand written notes.  Thanks to all for the QSOs and coping with the eccentric operator.

73, Peter G3LET