[UK-CONTEST] Ofcom web site

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 9 13:02:04 EST 2007

Dave

The problem is that IE "grabs" the file to download it, and
then throws a security wobbly, thinking there is a pop-up
which it blocks, but invites you to view. Doing that simply
produces a blank page. I could see no way to get the file
otherwise, although as I said Firefox does not complain. I
did not articulate this, but it is well known to Ofcom that
IE will NOT download the  new licences.

It matters not when your licence expires ( mine is April),
you can proceed with the licence for life forthwith.

As I said, yet another reason not to use Microsoft software
if there is any alternative. If only there were a quality
contest logger, I'd be on Linux forthwith as virtually all
common apps. are covered and are free to boot! The new
paradigm for us seems to be " there are plenty of free
lunches" viz Logger32 is the best general logger, and N1MM
is the best contest logger, both by a margin.

73

Clive
GW3NJW