[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth Contest 2007 - UK team

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Sat Jan 13 07:12:36 EST 2007

As many of you no doubt know, 2007 sees the 70th running of the RSGB
Commonwealth Contest. The first 'Beru' took place in 1931 and the
contest was of course suspended during World War II.

This year's event on 10-11 March coincides with the cricket world cup
taking place in the Caribbean, so the opportunity is being taken to
organise a team competition as part of the contest, with teams from the
UK, VE, VK, ZL/Oceania and the Rest of the World. Full rules are on the
web site at  http://www.beru.org.uk

I have the honour to be captain of the UK team and the following, who
are all experienced Commonwealth Contest entrants, have agreed to be on
the team. We have two more standing by as '12th man' but as one of them
is only able to operate in the 12-hour section, and the other doesn't
feel his station is sufficiently competitive, there are two places
potentially available.

Would any contester located in the UK who would like to be considered
for membership of the UK team and who feels they could put in a strong
entry in the contest, contact me ASAP as I want to be able to announce
the full team early next week. Serious entrants only - I need hardly say
that the objective is to thrash the Aussies!

73, Dave G4BUO

Commonwealth Contest 2007 - Team UK

G4BUO  Dave Lawley
G3BJ   Don Beattie