[UK-CONTEST] Call activity during AFS CW?

Marc Tinkler marc.tinkler at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 15 05:10:21 EST 2007

Dear All

I saw the comments about the QRS section during the AFS CW contest. I didn't
find too much going on there with a few stations calling. So I had a look at
the calls I logged accross the entire CW section during the contest and the
"vintage" (experience?) to see what data I might come up with.

Bear in mind I was only working in the last hour and a half and I was 100%
"S&P" (search and pounce) and no "running" with my 20 watts and G5RV. So the
list below represents all the stations I worked who were running a frequency.

All calls worked S&P...

G/GM/GW3 52%
G/GM/GW4 28%
G/GM/GW0 15%
M/MM/MW0 5%

As you can see I didn't find any  Gx8's, Gx6's, Gx1's, 2x0's or M3's running a
frequency (that I could hear well at that time) although I could hear they were
S&P'ing.

I would be interested to see what others found (with more prefixes I assume)
with their percentage split of calls worked S&P vs running. It might add some
data to the discussion about the QRS section.

73 Marc G0AZS, K1UG