[UK-CONTEST] AFS and QRS.

Alex GM3ZBE alex at gm3zbe.plus.com
Mon Jan 15 13:02:03 EST 2007

Hi,
I think Paul is right about the speed issue, lowering the speed is a
nuisance on some programs.  Super Duper used to have a single keypress to
drop the speed by about 40%, I think it was the ";" key if my memory serves
me.  I use Winkey but it would be nice if a keyboard key could be allocated
to reducing the speed by a certain amount as well as using the knob.

I usually try to reduce speed for a slower operator, not because I am a nice
chap, but out of self interest because I find it usually pays,  Often the
exchange is quicker if done in one go at 15 wpm than if it takes two goes at
28wpm because your sending too fast for the other op.

I have absolutely no problem with slower operators taking part in these
contests, the more cw ops there are the better, even the fastest ops started
at 3wpm at sometime!
Alex