[UK-CONTEST] QRS Contest

Justin Snow justin at g4tsh.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 17 16:46:16 EST 2007

Dave Sergeant wrote:

> If we are to get new converts to contesting, CW or otherwise, we must
> actively explore QRS parts of contests, or even restore the old QRS
> events, to give these people a introduction to the hobby which is not
> so intimidating to the complete novice.
Well part of the reason that the old QRS contests were abolished was
that they did not seem to attract any novice CW contesters!
It seemed to be the same small bunch of "elderly"G3's who had their own
QSO party.  The 80m Club Championship, despite its flaws seems to have
done a much better job in this respect.

Justin, G4TSH