[UK-CONTEST] Club Calls Results

Berni G0IDA g0ida at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 15:31:11 EST 2007

Pete,

  You'll notice that there is no problem in having more than one Club Station for this contest as Northampton have been doing this for at least the last 3 years and I'm sure the adjudicators have noticed them.
  Whether you go QRP with those stations is purely a tactical thing, I would say, as some clubs are out there to win and others just to have a spot of fun and training.

  73's

  Berni
  G0IDA

Peter Hobbs <peter at tilgate.co.uk> wrote:
  Thanks to Mike for the very early results for this event, especially considering the extra manual work obviously required to handle the reported discrepancies in club names.
I had imagined that each participating club would field *one* club station but looking at the rules, more than one does not appear to be disallowed, providing that all such stations use calls specifically issued to the club. I do wonder however whether multiple club station entries were envisaged by the organisers and whether consideration should be given to clarifying this point in the rules. One could imagine a hypothetical situation arising where a club fields a number of QRP club stations in their area that are only capable of working local stations, including of course their club members . . .

73 Peter G3LET