[UK-CONTEST] G4FNL CC SSB event this eve

Ian G3WVG g3wvg at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 23 08:22:50 EDT 2007

It's really interesting how from month to month , over relatively short
distances, propagation will favour different areas of the UK.  I'm near
Woking about 50 miles north of Graham G4FNL  and he was a massive signal
with me, but clearly didn't get out so well around the UK this month.

Obviously one expects regional variations eg. at this time of year GM
stations are at a great disadvantage, it must be total daylight with them
even at the end of the contest. But what surprises me is variation in signal
strengths between stations quite close to one another. It would be good to
see what part antenna height plays.

Good fun as usual and overall UK propagation was pretty good for me.  As
ever the stations in the "Bristol" area were very loud and also
exceptionally loud was G3UJE.

I'm not among the leaders but was pleased to finish with 159 Qs.  Antenna:
Dipole running N/E to S/W at 65ft + 100W from an FT1000MP (100W version).

73 Ian G3WVG