[UK-CONTEST] FT1kMP Key Click Reduction

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 3 06:52:41 EST 2007

I am in the process of dong the Inrad key click mod. Just about to
solder in the 0.1uF on to the RF board. Before I do that I was
wondering if any one had any views about which components do what?

A check on my scope revealed that both positive and negative going
leading edges were virtually text-book waveform, with about 6-8 mS
rise-time. My scope hasn't got storage facility. The trailing edge is
not so good with probably around 1-2 mS which will produce some clix,
(though with one comment in 10 years it can't be that noticeable!!)
Obviously I need to tame the trailing edge, but ideally I don't want to
lengthen the leading edge and make it too soft a sound.

Any thoughts.  Chris G3SJJ