[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC data

Ian G3WVG g3wvg at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 5 18:06:15 EST 2007

Well that was painful.  I trying my best, honestly, but I just don't get the
attraction of this  RTTY stuff. . 59 QSOs. Using AFSK at 100W out, from an
ft1000mp and a dipole up around 65ft.

Improvements ...Used N1MM with MMTTY for the first time .. and also for the
first time I managed to set up my rig so that I could use the narrow
filters.

Not without it's problems though ..

a)got into a bizarre situation which meant that the CQ message kept
automatically repeating itself and wouldn't stop.  My fault of course...
incorrect set up.

b) Also for some reason (again my fault I'm sure) my "mark" TX freq was
different from my mark RX freq. .. different by 190 Hz actually.

c) when two or more stns call at once ...what the "@&*%" am I supposed to
do.

d) someone was playing music on top of me for a lot of the time ..
Not really a problem, quite nice tunes actually. A welcome distraction from
all that diddle diddle stuff.

Oh well .. Next month. 73 de Ian G3WVG