[UK-CONTEST] CC 2007 G3SJJ

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 11 03:47:13 EST 2007

Had planned to do the full 18 hours but 3 week flu/heavy cold just made
the extra effort required not worth it. Noise cancelling headphones
seemed to relieve the buzzing in my ears! Didn't even get round to
sorting the SO2R system out. 12 hour (11 hours too many) Open. Knowing
my luck with trophies, they've probably deleted the one for this! 192
Qs, but around 12 of those will be non-Commonwealth, just logged 'em
anyway. N1MM didn't like UK calls so I logged them as ZG3 etc.

Had a break at 1200 - 1308 for a walk in the garden, made some lunch,
got a cool beer from the fridge, so ate and drank whilst beruing.
Further break at 1809 to 2100 for Moules Mariniere, Frites es Baguette
accompanied by a nice chilled French white, to restore the balance!
Berued till 2330 and then took the 6 hour sleep break originally
planned. Antennas worked out OK which is what I wanted to check. Last
2.5 hours from 0600 - 0830.

At least it doesn't mess the weekend up too much. So now just to decide
if it's decorating or gardening! Probably the latter for some much
needed fresh air.

Chris G3SJJ