[UK-CONTEST] BERU

paul at greenrover.demon.co.uk paul at greenrover.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 16 07:48:50 EST 2007

GM4AFF Said

>> I was always under the impression that BERU was a DX contest.

This was my first BERU contest and my score isn't going to dent anyone's
ego, but I did enjoy it and plan to be back with a better attempt next year.

The current format suits me very well, Picking the times when
propagation is likely to work, getting some new stuff in the log and
fitting this into the available "family friendly" operating hours was
both interesting and rewarding.

I certainly wouldn't gain more satisfaction from the event if I suddenly
had to swap 5nn with an extra few hundred locals on 80m.

There seems to be plenty opportunity already to do that.

FWIW

--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI
http://www.gw8izr.com