[UK-CONTEST] Generators

John Lemay john at carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Mar 17 13:49:25 EST 2007

Hello all

Last year, I became increasingly disenchanted with generators we hired for
NFD and the like. Clogged fuel filters, split injector pipe, leaking
radiator, no water in radiator, oil in radiator, water in fuel, only works
on 115v outlet, etc etc.

Thinking of buying my own, can't easily afford well known makes like
Stephill or Genset, and don't want a cheap Chinese import which might only
last one contest.

My eye has been drawn to Kipor, who seem to have worldwide distribution of
gennys from 500w "suitcase" models, up to 1000kW units packed in a 40ft
container. I'm looking for something around 10kW, diesel, silenced, water
cooled, and Kipor have something suitable.

Question is, has anyone in this group any experience of these ?

Regards

John G4ZTR