[UK-CONTEST] BERU 2007 E51PJT

Bob Whelan g3pjt at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 19 19:16:38 EST 2007

BERU 2007 E51PJT
  Score   3560
  Qs 192 = 960 pts
Bs 130 = 2600 pts
  Comments
  Weather totally dominated this year. Major tropical storm
for the whole contest.
Winds strong enough to bowl a palm tree over - but not a Butternut
Watch out for flying coconuts.
Rain enough to turn the Pacific brown with run off water and to
detune and turn the Butternut into a dummy load.
QRN really doesn't describe the static crashes
Electrical power insulators leaking and arcing during the heaviest
rain and to fill in the gaps strategic bursts of BY(?) radar.
  Yes, and you guessed it, the storm cleared at 1005Z Sunday!
Yes OK just a few excuses for a below average performance.

  Interesting things
  - Hearing and working Chris G3SJJ at 1126Z Saturday, but where were all
the other Gs? You must be doing something right Chris.
- I only worked G3SJJ, G4BUO (2), GM0GAV, GM3SEK but heard and called
repeatedly G3BJ, G0IVZ, G4FAL, G3GLL, G4BJM, GW3NJW, 2E0KOP
- Others called and not worked 9M4SDX, ZC4LI, ZS6AAA, VU2UR
- And some I expected to hear and didn't, ZS3/G3LZQ, GB5CC, GM3POI,
and 9J2BO.
- Unwanted caller approach seemed to work better this year - I sent
slowly 'sri oc beru onli cu tmrw'
  I will put some pics up on the web later and something more detailed
for wider publication.
  So thanks for the Qs and taking part even if I didn't work you.
I guess an amp would have helped but there is only so much you can
carry these days.
  73 Bob E51PJT