[UK-CONTEST] Down comes my tower - help needed

Gerard Lynch gerrylynch at freenetname.co.uk
Fri May 11 14:43:49 EDT 2007

When they said some guys had all the luck, 'they' obviously weren't
talking about me.

I came home from work this evening to find the 40' pump up mast I
have in my garden had blown over.  Or been pushed over, I'm not
entirely sure as all the guys seem to be perfectly intact and the
fibreglass pole holding up the dipole at the top seems to have been
broken off by its fall into some trees rather than anything the wind did.

As all the rotten luck would have it I'm on my own here this weekend
as my housemate is in Belfast at his stepdaughter's first communion
and I am very loath to leave the mast where it is at the minute -
caught, seemingly securely in some branches, but if it came out of
them it would - a, break on the wall of the block of flats next door
and, b possibly partly fall into the car park of that block of flats,
both of which eventualities I am keen to avoid.

So (to get to the point), if anyone happens to be in a position to
give me a hand with this thing over the weekend here in rustic London
SE23, I would really appreciate their assistance (raised to the power
of about a million).  It is too heavy to lift alone, two can probably
manage it with difficulty, three can do it easily enough.

Please contact me off list or on my mobile, 07779 780 730.

Apologies for the bandwidth, and thank you in advance for your help.

73

Gerry G0RTN
http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk
"In days of old, when ops were bold and sidebands not invented
The word would pass by pounding brass, and all were well contented."